Thursday, November 1, 2007

PSU Library Booksale! Starts today at Noon.



This dam book sale thing always sneaks up on me. Here is a link to all the exact times for the dates and times, but basically today through Sunday.

Be warned, the first 2 hours or so is super annoying, because all the professional book buyers show up with their dollies full of milk crates and their laser scanners, plowing through the books like rude borg robots.

I always score at least a few treasures at this sale, if you are at all interested in books it is worth checking in some time this weekend.

Enjoy your newly-procured piles of paper and text,

Bp

6 comments:

Kate said...

they have sheet music? *drools*

4 said...

Man o man. I used to get all worked up about this stuff. Then I moved all of my books across the country through the mail and decided I'm not allowed to buy books anymore.

Bpaul said...

Kate -- They normally do have sheet music. I am waiting for this crowd to die down, but if you want me to look for stuff just let me know.

(Of course your other PSU operative would be handy in this regard as well. I'm betting his motivation level is even higher than my older-brother status.)

Matt -- I still get a bit worked up, but I read so rarely while in school I've slowed down a whole lot. I feel -- what's the word i want to use -- indulgent, decadent, materialistic -- buying books and not reading them.

But, I have a horrible reference book fetish that side steps all feelings of guilt. If I can get a good wildlife reference, or especially handcraft/old-timey skills (Foxfire books anyone?), or a good map -- I cave and buy it. Every time.

Unknown said...

If you do happen to be poking through the music and see Albinoni's Adagio, or anything violin-ish by Bach...... *grins*
And yes, I think Rob has a certain degree of motivation....but I always feel guilty exercising that power ;)

Bpaul said...

Guilty exercising it? iIn the words of the immortal Missy Elliot:

Work It!

Bpaul said...

If you need a reminder Kate:

http://bugthumper.blogspot.com/2007/07/and-now-for-something-completely.html

let that be an inspiration to you