Friday, November 9, 2007

Homeopathy passes a rigorous test

I'm a big fan of homeopathic medicine. I've used it for years, to great effect. But it's just not easy to talk to folks about it, especially trying to describe that the more dilute the remedy, the more powerful it is. Vibrational medicine is counter intuitive that way.

This gory but well designed test
shows that a homeopathic remedy had the intended effect, even though it was in a concentration that had been proven to no longer carry any of the actual molecules of the original source (in this case belladonna).

It is exciting to see a study working on it in a rigorous and scientifically recognized way.

Enjoy your paradigm busters,

Bp

6 comments:

Iciyapi Tate said...

hippy

Anonymous said...

nice post, good to see this kind of study.

{shuffles off to take more arnica.}

Bpaul said...

Tate: ya well what can you say

Rev: I'll give you a call, you probably need hypericum too.

Iciyapi Tate said...

LOL i really can't say anything since i am one too

Anonymous said...

The other option is that the experiment was flawed in some way. Mosy fortst stabs at experiments are. When this exeriment is independently replicated and publishd, then it will be strong evidence. But one experiment, using strange techniques (rat guts?) just has to be provisional in the extreme.

Bpaul said...

I'm sure I wasn't rigorous enough in my language describing this experiment, from a scientific standpoint. Since homeopathy works for me in certain circumstances, it biases my writing.

With all the funding in opposition to "alternative medicine" I'm absolutely confident this study will face more testing. The second and third wave of testing, funded by institutions in opposition to the results will need serious oversight as well.