Sunday, November 18, 2007

Follow up on the writer's strike story

The lines of connection get pretty convoluted when you jump around reading blogs linked from blogs. I found this fantastic blog post explaining further about the writer's strike and about Hollywood and how it is not a free market system there and how unions can help. It is from the Kung Fu Monkey blog, which I found via the Pacific Views post regarding the writer's strike, which I found through Orblogs, which is a blog post compiler for local Oregon and Pacific NW blogs. I am a member of Orblogs and get a bit of traffic to the site because of it.

How many degrees of separation? Gets dizzying sometimes.

Oh, and the original link regarding the writer's strike is very well written, I highly recommend it.

Enjoy traveling the intarweb tubes,

Bp

3 comments:

Catherine Just said...

Hi, just had lunch with the executive producer of Grey's Anatomy. An old friend of mine I met when I worked at Portland Center Stage. She is also a writer for the show, and is on strike. It was an inside peek at the strike and it is really sad but also so right on. I completely back the writers. Did you know that David Letterman is paying his entire staff their wage for every day they are on strike and off the air?? AMAZING.

Bpaul said...

Holy crap -- I'd heard that he was very supportive of his writers, but that's just fucking awesome.

wow, thanks for the tidbit.

Catherine Just said...

not only that he is also paying the entire staff of the craig ferguson show - their salaries as well. He is one cool cat. Cooler then all the rest I think.