Monday, May 7, 2007

Quickie report from The Pyramid, Paris Hilton of all things

So I received an email from Flank this morning. If you don't remember his mention, here is the post where I introduced him.

Anyway, Flank has started working as a cook in the Big Pyramid On the Strip in Las Vegas. He says he keeps wondering what kind of effect working in a pyramid might have on him. Will it bring back his hair, cure his insomnia, reduce his aging? So far, a few weeks into it, none of these things. But, he reports that the turnover rate at this hotel is absolutely the lowest of any place he's worked in Lost Wages. People are super mellow, friendly and enjoy working there. He's pretty amazed.

But the big report is that service employees on The Strip are all breathing a huge sigh of relief that Paris Hilton is (or soon will be) in Jail. She hasn't been on the strip for weeks now, and everyone's loving it. He says there is rumor of a collection being made to see if somehow they can bribe someone to keep her in jail longer.

Random I know, but it struck me as funny.

8 comments:

Iciyapi Tate said...

that is sadly funny..
side note for some reason this morning the blog would not let me post, said i was a spammer

Bpaul said...

But.... I'm reading your post....

!!??

How'd you get around the spam filter?

Iciyapi Tate said...

ya, but i tried to post early this a.m. and it would let me read your blog, but not read the posts or post a comment myself. then when i came back to it, it was fine

Bpaul said...

Weird. Betting it had something to do with cookies. Thanks for keeping me updated I want to be a good administrator here and keep things flowin.

Marty said...

What I thought was funny was her mom asked for the prosecuting attorney's autograph when the judgement came out.

Bpaul said...

That's too surreal LOL. I didn't know that.

Catherine Just said...

ok, that is sad, really - and more sad is that it made me giggle...a little.

Shocho said...

Mmm... cookies...