Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Scarlet Fever at Kelly elementary

A kid came down with Scarlet Fever in the kindergarten class at Kelly elementary this week. It's not life threatening or rampantly virile or anything, it's just a rare disease and caught my attention. Figured it would be interesting for the Medical- and Bio-geeks that read this blog.

Poor little scupper had strep throat simultaneously, which is not uncommon but has to be pretty crappy. He's now in quarantine for 10 days or so.

Enjoy your cute little disease vectors,

Bp

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had the scarlet fever/strep combo when I was a kid. I don't recall much beyond a high fever, a hell of a sore throat, and a rash.

As was common back then, my doctor applied a few leeches and all was well.

Bpaul said...

Was the world in color yet Scarlet?

Anonymous said...

Yes, my case was one of the first in technicolor.

Shocho said...

I had it too, but my case pales in the face of another report from someone named Scarlet.

Anonymous said...

Shocho -

The Farmhands are nothing if not prolific.

S.