Monday, June 23, 2008

Too Cool -- the blog is going to post for me

I had noticed a conversation over at Astoria Oregon Rust, one of my favorite blogs, in which the author had mentioned he was setting his posts to go up at a certain time in the morning. I didn't know this was an option.

So, with summer vacations coming up and lots of time out of town, I decided to explore the option to see if I could keep the blog rolling while I was gone. Sure enough, I can write ahead of time and tell blogger when I'd like that particular post to publish. Awesome.

Although I'll be gone til the first week of July, ya'll should have at least a post a day the whole time. The only downside is no comments from yours truly until I return. I'm sure that'll break your heart.

So read away, I've got a few more posts to write to "cover my shift" while I'm gone.

Enjoy online publishing, in all its amateurish glory,

Bp

6 comments:

Shocho said...

Yeah, that was the feature that I moved to WordPress for. And now it's on Blogger. Ah well.

Have a nice vacation/trip/whatever!

Iciyapi Tate said...

hmmm does this mean the blog really needs you? will you be replaced by auto blog.
how will we know when you are really back?
Hmmmmmmm

Bpaul said...

It does bring up the image of a million chimpanzees on typewriters producing the next great novel, doesn't it LOL.

Anonymous said...

May your trip be full of prizes and surprises, all of the insightful kind. And smiles and glimpses of good things...and all that...! yer va momma

Anonymous said...

As far as I am concerned, this proves what I have suspected all along. BPaul is a figment, a made-up name for a robot that scours the web for items related to a dozen or so topics and posts them here.

The historical test to determine whether a computer had human intelligence was to have a conversation and to be unable to determine whether your conversant was human or machine. Looks like those ever more clever 'puters almost had us this time.

Ha! Vacation indeed! More likely a new version of the BPaul software has been issued, and this "vacation" is a cover made up should any slips occur.

The Monica Bellucci post was a very clever ruse, you almost had me fooled.

EStu

Bpaul said...

I have no idea what you're talking about Estu...

*beeep*

I have no ....

*beep*

Sorry burped there