Monday, June 23, 2008

An alpha male on Beta-blockers -- R.I.P George Carlin

I grew up listening to Carlin on vinyl when my parents weren't home. I learned about "Toledo Window Box" and the 7 words you can't say on television from him. I never knew, or asked, if I was allowed to listen to these albums -- I just assumed I wasn't.

I used some of those lines throughout my elementary and high school careers. "If you're sick, go to the doctor, maan. It's not the smell it's the burning of my eyes!" Lots of mileage on those lines.

Thanks for the education, sir.





R.I.P. George.

Bp

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Back in High School, in the mid seventies-when Carlin was BIG-an acquaintance walked up to me and with no preamble told me George Carlin was dead. I told my friends and parents the sad news. Soon after we saw him on TV and I surmised that it had to be a pre-recorded show and insisted that he had to be dead since who would who would spread such a useless rumor. I carried my belief farrr too many months and against mounting evidence and to this day people in my family tell me that his is dead. I imagine George would appreciate how much ribbing I received for believing that knucklehead acquaintance and running with his useless rumor.