Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Parting shot: badass African Frog = little dude


Trichobatrachus is a African frog little dude that can puncture its own skin with its bones to produce claws. It's gruesome, but apparently effective, because there are at least 11 species that use this strategy.

This article on MSNBC calls them "Wolverine" frogs. Nice marketing guys. But I can say the article has some more nice pictures of the little dude for you to peruse, including an x-ray of the claw itself.

I'm going to finish packing, and I'll see ya'll in 12 days or so, but the posts will keep rocking on due to the amazingness that is Blogger.

Enjoy the sun finally arriving,

Bp

[photo credit in linked article]

2 comments:

Chuck Butcher said...

Have a lot of fun, I'll see if I can write up stories to make you froth at the mouth...

Iciyapi Tate said...

hey man that is wicked crazy,
I shall see you in a few days i am arriving on saturday.