Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Slightly better atmosphere in my head after reading this

Just to be straight with folks -- I don't intend to get very political in this blog. I will be reacting a bit to news occasionally, however, as I am about to.

I'm happy about This Debate the Dems just had, and I'm glad a few important issues were at least mentioned for the politicos to blow hot air at. At least they got mentioned.

The thing is I don't like either party in this system -- like, I *really* don't like either party. The things I care about are so far off the map in American politics right now they rarely get mentioned on pulpits anywhere, much less in debates.

I do however accede that the Dems are marginally less noxious than the Republicans, and so far I'm still a voter. Voting for the lesser of two evils is hard on the soul but somehow I grind at the feelings it brings up every year and try to make a character building exercise out of it, instead of falling into some violent, antisocial nihilism (tempting tho that road seems at times). That would be giving up, and I'm just not cool with that.

As I've mentioned in conversation before, creating quite a reaction every time, in my opinion cynicism is for the weak.

Hold your head up, despite it all,

Bp

No comments: