Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Colbert wins space station naming contest


You may have heard NASA was holding a contest to name the newest room to be added to the International Space Station. Amongst the geek set, it was a hard choice between "Colbert" and "Serenity." Seems that there are more Colbert geeks than Firefly geeks.

Although the Discovery News article says the contest "went awry" when he won the naming contest, I disagree.

I do understand that they may have to refuse the name though, since "Colbert" is a commercial enterprise as well as a name. It's still pretty awesome nonetheless.

Enjoy the power of communication, even when applied to trivialities,

Bp

[photo credit in linked article]

4 comments:

LT said...

Hey Bp, you get my email?

LT said...

Hey Bp, you get my email?

Bpaul said...

Yessir, I will be responding shortly -- sorry for the delay. I'm impressed and I like the humor too.

Just kinda baby crazy (it's due in 7 days) so not as efficient about the intartubes as I'd like to be.

Soon

Bp

LT said...

S'all good. Good baby craziness to you and the rest.