Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Jill Bolte Taylor: My stroke of insight

This amazing talk is a brain scientist explaining her experience of a stroke. But, the stroke hit in a spot on her brain where she could experience some serious epiphanies/peak experiences -- this is worth your time (18 minutes), trust me.

You may have heard of this video -- it's truly viral on the net right now. But, like me, you may have skipped it. Just give it a shot -- it's truly a trip.

[Technical Note: -- The Link has been fixed give it a try now]



Enjoy the amazing and unpredictable events by which we can learn what is true,

Bp

3 comments:

Stingite said...

That's a cool way of looking at it, and I loved the whale imagery. Definitely an idea worth sharing. Thanks!

Stu Farnham said...

This is amazing. My friends know the journey that I have been on. The "stepping to the right" that she describes, the transcendental (but individual and non-religious experience she talks about -- that's it, that's the tranquility and balance for which I have been searching.

I'm barely able to write these words, I am so moved.

Bpaul said...

I'm glad ya'll enjoyed it, I thought as much.