Sunday, April 20, 2008

This should be an interesting experience.

So I have two mid-terms on Monday -- Genetics and Mammalian Physiology. Mam Phys looks to be one of the harder classes I've taken yet in college. My father and step mother are visiting this weekend for the first time in a decade, and I've not studied a lick since they got here on Friday. We're having a great time.

I'm not ready for the tests, and I'm not getting ready for the tests.

There is a strange feeling building in my gut. I'm about to have an experience that is new to me, I suspect. I'm going to learn to let go of this maniacal drive for straight A's and have a different type of test day than I'm used to. I already feel like I need to write a note to the profs and explain the situation -- apologize ahead of time for my lackluster performance on this first test.

I'm nervous and getting a bit distracted. I don't know if I'll be able to resist staying up all night on Sunday to try and make up some ground at the last minute. I understand most all the basic concepts for these tests, but just haven't practiced the math . Both of these tests are math-heavy, with very little vocab and concept -- pretty much all word problems, one of my weak points.

If there is a sound track for my life, I believe right now it sounds something like Silence of the Lambs, or The Shining.

Enjoy setting yourself up,

Bp

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's more to life than numbers, dear one. You are doing the right things with your life! va momma

Anonymous said...

There's more to life than numbers, dear one. You are doing the right things with your life! va momma