Friday, April 25, 2008

Songs Stuck in my Head Series: Modest Mouse -- Missed the Boat

You know, when I was watching a bunch of MM videos to figure out which one was the song that's been stuck in my head for the last two days, I really saw how good these guys are. I don't listen to much guitar pop -- hardly any actually, but I may have to get a bunch of MM. Everything I came across was good. I don't know what it is about their songs -- his voice, or the simplicity, the interesting cadences, or the elaborate lyrics -- but they're really catching my fancy this morning.

Here's the one that's been haunting me lately.





Enjoy identifying which of the ghosts that have been prying on your brain,

Bp

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Moon and Antarctica is an album that was in my head for years...

Anonymous said...

Dennis Herring deserves some recognition as a great producer. I'm not discounting the lyrics or instrumentation, but I feel strongly that producers should be on the album cover (or sleeve insert at the very least) just like the musicians themselves. This is a good case in point.

Anonymous said...

Love these guys. But I gotta say their live show bites. But they write the songs that stick with me.

msherm said...

Check out there older stuff for sure. Ethan's suggestion is a good one.

I've seen these guys a couple of times, 4 I think, and there have the most varied quality performance of almost any band I've seen. Once they were great one of the 10 best shows I've seen, the other time I left halfway through because it was so bad. So yeah skipping them live might be best.