Saturday, April 12, 2008

Crazy Uncle

Taking a long drive today, up past Seattle. On the way back I'm going to visit my dear friends and their 6 children -- The Good Reverend's House of Children (tm). The Wife and I are godparents or Crazy Aunt & Uncle to this clutch of pupating humanity.

As I was packing this morning, I showed T. the gifts I'm bringing to the kids this visit: 250 flash cards I made for Ornithology class with pictures of birds on one side and their class, order, family and some field I.D. notes on the other; and a recently-deceased cordless drill that they can dissect & tear apart. T. thought these gifts were fabulous, confirming their perfect Crazy Uncle stylings.

Gever Tully and his "dangerous things you should let your kids do" talk inspired the defunct cordless gift, I dig his perspective on the chillens.

Enjoy your day, there's a finite amount of them left,

Bp

Addendum: I just realized, the eldest of The Clutch of Chillens regularly reads this blog. Fiona... keep the gifts a secret for me would ya? I want to surprise them.

PPSS: I'm going up north for a special session with a Qi Gong instructor in our lineage to finish off my first level of Golden Shield training. Took almost a year to complete, and I'm excited to move on to the next set of trainings. Cool stuff.

2 comments:

redshoes said...

They didn't show my the drill........

Fi

Bpaul said...

It's probably in a MEEELION pieces by now too,

hehe.