Friday, November 21, 2008

Seen the new Bond yet?

First off, what did you think of the movie? I'm curious about people's opinions of this movie because I haven't been asking around much. Do tell.

I saw it last night with The Wife. I thought it was dandy. But, as we all know by now, I have serious "movie filters" and I had my patented "Bond filter" on. I needed it, but no overly much.

Action carries the movie, the plotline is thin but followable, and there are explosions and pretty ladies.

One thing I especially liked was that the new "bond girl" is a real character, with back story, and kicks some butt. I'd like to say more about her but I don't want this to be a spoiler post.

As if I needed to say this, the caveat to my comments is: this is a Bond movie. We're not talking Shakespeare here. I did mention a thin plotline, right?

If you are into action movies, this is great stuff. Not quite up there with The Professional or the Bourne movies, but damned near. I give it an A-.

Bravo to the franchise for updating Bond, he needed it (that Brosnan Bond in Antarctica was atrocious). Craig is an awesome bond, and the gritty, semi-psycho air works well for a modernized hero/anti-hero. The two latest Bond movies are my two favorite, that's a good sign.



Enjoy movies just for the fun of it,

Bp

No comments: