Thursday, October 23, 2008

Presidential Campaign as D&D


This is freaking awesome, some gamer geek wrote up the '08 election as Dungeon and Dragons talk around a gaming table. He's now an internet superstar. I'll quote a bit below:

OBAMA: "My friends, I am a totally unoriginal grizzled character class stereotype. I should lead the party because I have more testicular damage than that one."

MCCAIN: Yeah, well, you pal around with dark elves.

OBAMA: OH NO YOU DIDN'T.

MCCAIN: Whatever, so's your mom.

OBAMA: So's your FACE.

MCCAIN: So's your Mom's face!

HILARY: WTF you guys. Why am I playing the cleric?

MCCAIN: Hilary, we've been over this.

HILARY: No, dude. I am so sick of being the girlfriend healer. Seriously, I can't even use a sword. Fuck this noise.

KUCINICH: IM A BARD

OBAMA: That's nice.

KUCINICH: MY FAMILIAR IS A PURPLE SNOW LEOPARD

MCCAIN: Oh, Jesus. Here we go.

KUCINICH: DID I MENTION MY WIFE IS A TOTALLY BANGIN DRYAD WITH 20 CHARISMA

HILARY: C'mon you guys, I've been playing this shit since Gygax was in eighth grade. Why can't I be the party leader with the magic sword for once?


I could post the whole thing, it kills me.

Enjoy your 7th grade obsessions being used to create humor out of a scary situation,

Bp

[via The Good Reverend, photo credit in Boingboing article]

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is freaking hillarious!

-= Scott

Anonymous said...

GENIUS!
tho' I wouldn't know D&D from Monopoly, I do speak "gamer" and it's not all that removed from WoW, hehe...

the full post is worth reading - I loved Hilary responding to McCain's adding Palin:
"Hilary: No! No, it's not cool! Every time you bring one of your rodeo-queen girlfriends in here she ends up playing some succubus infiltrator and killing the whole party!"

up-to-the-moment-play-by-play, ha!

(that and the GF healer sans sword pout. . .to quote a post on the original blog:
"No. Air. Left. In. Lungs."

thanks for that great re-posting!

Catherine Just said...

oh my god that lade me laugh out loud.