Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Voting in Portland

Ok folks, the deadline is past approaching. You know you want to... that ballot is sitting on your desk, just waiting for your attention.

Local elections are huge, your votes hold degrees of magnitude more power than national elections -- go for it. Just because the system is frustratingly effed up doesn't mean you should throw down one of the main sticks you carry to beat on it with, quite the contrary.

Here are two guides I peruse when I'm digesting down my decisions. I'm always surprised by some of the endorsements, and don't vote down any one particular line. In hindsight, I wish I had done more research on Measure 53. Definitely read up on that one.

The Mercury's voting guide:

http://www.portlandmercury.com/portland/Content?oid=764766&category=34029

and Will Week's -- I take this one with even more of a grain of salt than I do most media, but it's worth a perusal.

http://wweek.com/editorial/3425/10870/

have fun flexing your political muscle.

Bp

2 comments:

Jim Blackwood, Jr. said...

Couldn't let this pass without making my Nick Fish pitch. He's the right guy for Seat 2.

Cheers
Ideaman...JHB.

Bpaul said...

Hehe, I would expect no less. Loyalty is admirable sir.