Friday, May 23, 2008

Turning down Angelina Jolie for sex


I know, it's a strange blog title, let me explain.

The Wife thinks it's absolutely crazy that, even in the dream state, I remain monogamous. What can I say, married consciousness runs deep in this case, so sue me. Not that propositions don't come my way during my sleep, mind you.

With a history of this behavior, here is our exchange in the car early this morning.

The Wife: "Wait, you said you had a sex dream with Angelina Jolie in it last night."

Me: "Yeah"

TW: "But what you described just now was a shower scene with Angelina Jolie, in which you turned her down."

Me: "Yeah, but it was sexy. We did kiss. And she offered me the use of her private jet any time we wanted to get together."

TW: (turning to me, staring incredulously): "Just to clarify, you turned down Angelina Jolie for sex -- even though it was in a dream."

Me: "You got to give me some kind of brownie points for such stalwart fidelity."

TW (laughing): "No, no brownie points, because THAT'S NUTS, see -- NUTS! .... You are so weird."



I still assert it deserves brownie points, but only to myself of course.

Enjoy the glory that is marriage,

Bp

12 comments:

Bpaul said...

You know, dear Tate, I was going to create a new label for this post called TMI.

And now... I wish I could label a comment TMI.

You win.

Stingite said...

I had a good comment, and then I read tate's post. LOL.

Bpaul said...

He's a hard act to follow, but you shouldn't be cowed LOL

comment away sir!!

Stu Farnham said...

Tate,

That's enough of that, young man.

BP,

Yeah, sure.

Estu

Shocho said...

She's right, as always. Your wife is perfect.

Anonymous said...

NUTS!! Anybody agree with what your wife said.

Bpaul said...

HA!

Dude, a company from FL commented on my blog. A whole company... righteous.

Anonymous said...

As a (assumed) fellow hopeless romantic I admire the fidelity even in the Sandman's realm. It doesn't make you weird. It just means you've got your priorities straight.

Me, I don't know if I'm faithful in my dreams because I almost never remember dreaming at all when I wake up. But it would totally push my inner hopeless romantic buttons if I am and I could remember it.

Bpaul said...

Bah Tate, I didn't mean that in a serious way, I thought your comment rocked, nice and over the top.

ps: I thought you were in Goldendale today?

Stingite said...

awww, Tate deleted his post. :(

Chuck Butcher said...

I'm relentlessly monogamous in real life, I have no idea about dreams. There is always the fact that on our 2nd date I taught my now wife to shoot a Colt Commander 45 Auto and I live in a small world.

I think I'm kidding around...

Stu Farnham said...

I note that the conversation was limited to Angelina Jolie. What if one were to introduce, say, Monica Bellucci into the dialogue?