Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Interviews with people making a difference

Ran across this new series by Brave New Films called This Brave Nation, and I thought I'd throw it your way. Activists and educators across a broad spectrum are featured in this series, and I'll venture to say the most important names are not ones you will recognize. I'm going to begin watching this today, so ya'll may here more about it in the near future.

Since I've leaned heavily into education and public school reform, policy, and history -- I'm needing some morale boosts. The current situation in public schooling in the U.S. is abysmal, and books like Savage Inequalities, by Jonathan Kozol are opening my eyes to this. It's a difficult situation for me to look squarely in the eye, and I need to be careful of my resolve and energies as I digest the new information.

As a result, I'm becoming attracted to positive messages and role models, like this series of interviews.



Enjoy help where you can find it,

Bp

No comments: