Friday, May 15, 2009

Cat Parasite linked to Neurotic behavior in humans


I didn't make this up, in this Live Science post, a case is made for that assertion that human behavior is affected when stricken with Toxoplasma gondii. Namely, the person is more prone to mood swings, neurotic behavior, and depression.

"Pop science" or no, I thought the concept hilarious.

There is so much I could say about this connection, and people I know -- hell people we all know. But I won't. I'll let ya'll fill in the blanks.

Enjoy wild generalizations generating aspersion and stereotyping, especially if you can get science to back you up,

Bp

[via my Canukistani, Ex-Pat Uncle Ted, image via Nerve.com blog]

3 comments:

Kate said...

I got to play with toxoplasma gondii at school! It's pretty and shiny!

Yes, I know. Too easy.

Michael Broad LLB, ARPS said...

Up to 20% of American people are affected by this parasite (src: http://www.metrokc.gov). Cornell University says that the parasite is found in nearly all warm blooded animals (humans are warm blooded animals).....Freddie (PoC Admin)

Bpaul said...

Thanks for stopping by sir. A bit of online cat Royalty, an honor.

Bp